Thursday, November 29, 2007

Is Fur Glamorous?



This fur coat is made of RATS!!!!

I hate to say it, but the photograph and the model make rat fur look spectacular. From a distance, at least.

Read the whole article here: http://fashionista.com/2007/11/gareth_pughs_rat_coat_an_essay.php

My favorite line is "...the Gucci Group, who would skin zebras and kittens if it meant the latest It Bag." Pretty sick, but certainly true. I can attest to Gucci's ues of exotic skins personally, having visited their factory in Scandicci, Italy. There were many skins hanging in a special room, pink alligators, green crocodile, yellow ostriches. You could see that the entire animal had been skinned... they were whole pieces of animal skin, from head to toe.

The discussion about animal products could go on forever, so I'm going to stop my post here for now. Enjoy the rat coat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too fabulous for words!!! I'm in DC sometimes when I travel for work!! thanks for stopping by my site. you have the most fabulous goodies............

Gillian Kirkpatrick said...

Awesome, thank you!! I'm a fan too... Holla if you're in DC! -G

Sassy said...

Hey chica!!! Thanks for stopping by Sassy and Kreative. Yes, that carpisa pic was taken in Florence. Wow, you spent a year there? That’s so cool [insert envy and wistful sighing ] Isn’t italy so fabulous. Serioulsy one of these days I may just pack up and move……… when I win the lottery. Haahaa!!! Have a fabulous week. Still waiting for you to post more fabulous pictures…………