Sunday, November 4, 2007

Moojoo Ken


My favorite spot in DC. When I walked into Moojoo Ken for the first time, I had a spiritual experience... when I laid eyes on the Massachussetts Avenue boots, I knew I had found something special. They are light blue canvas with a Pucci-esque print, pointy toe, stiletto heel, with a corset-like sheer ribbon lace-up at the top of the boot. At first, I thought, "The owners have really good taste." Then, I found out they DESIGNED THE BOOTS, RIGHT HERE IN LITTLE OLD WASHINGTON, DC! I was shocked and excited. And that was just the tip of the iceberg as far as the store is concerned. The whole place is beautiful, from the exposed brick wall, the branches crafted into clothes hangers, curly wooden sticks and rope holding shoes and handbags, and the selection of merchandise. I knew I wanted to work here. And so here I am.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well put, Gilliani, I am a big fan of your's and follow your style choices and ingenious techniques. You are so chic and I am so relieved you found a store which complements your kind of fabulous.

Gillian Kirkpatrick said...

Thank you Mama, I can't access your blog?