Friday, November 9, 2007

Rozae Nichols

I'm a huge fan. I came upon this designer in Seattle in 2000, and fell instantly in love. The fabrics she uses are top quality... in fact, she designs them herself. Diaphanous layering of silks in various shades, rich unexpected colors, softest leathers and suedes. My favorite piece is a suede and crepe cardigan with covered snap buttons, in a very unusual deep blue with rust stitching. It's a cardigan so it can be worn as a simple basic, but the fabric and color are anything but. It's 100% appropriate for a conservative work environment, but you won't look like every other person wearing Ann Taylor.

I wish I were wearing this dress to the Gala (Naomi's Hope for a Cure) on Friday... I'm not, as of this moment, but that could change...



The belt is so unexpected and gives the dream-like dress a harder edge. I have the perfect shoes to go with it too... better freeze the credit card again!

Rozae Nichols also launched 2 other lines:

A Common Thread (Notice the emphasis on travel... it's calling me... I'm a "chic traveler"... I NEED some of this line! Husband, are you listening??)

RN Convertible - Calling Rick Owens...

All are produced using ethical business practices. Urban Hippie loves ethical business practices.

No comments: